Questions & Answers


Are GRP Roofing and Fibreglass Roofing the same?

From Claire Sygrove


Can you tell me what the difference is between Fibreglass and GRP Roofing if any?


Hi Claire,

In short, nothing is different and they’re both the same, GRP Roofing is the correct terminology to describe the system and process but some people use fibreglass or glassfibre roofing as well.

The term GRP predominantly comes from the general composite market to mean glass reinforced plastics or polymers, which describes the combination of polyester resins and fibreglass reinforcement cured either with a topcoat or a gelcoat.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions please give us a call.